Here I keep some scripts and tutorials for different purposes.
Praat ScriptsCheck my Github for some Praat scripts. Most of them are simple and are annotated for a less experienced user.
Tutorials (in Spanish) for complete beginners - part of the course Fonética del Español.
- Praat Tutorial 1: Navigating the user interface (recording, the Objects window, the Picture window, TextGrids).
- Praat Tutorial 2: Basic scripting (Opening files, TextGrid creation, Formant measurement, Table creation).
- Excel Tutorial: Basic operations (descriptive statistics, Pearson's R, Chi-Square, T-test and ANOVA). I do not endorse nor recommend Excel -R is my software of choice for these purposes.
Tutorials (in English) Praat for specific purposes - part of a series of workshops given at Essex as a YERUN short-visit scholar
- Praat Tutorial 1: Scripts for opening files with String lists, TextGrid generation, and querying
- Praat Tutorial 2: Scripts for perceptual experiments (vowel resythesis, synthesis from scratch, the Experiment interface).
- This is a decision tree that I created for a Statistics course I co-taught with Bettina Braun some time ago. It is massive (hence the .svg format) and yet it is far from being remotely comprehensive. Nevertheless, it does serve as a guide for those who do not have a strong background in statistics but are willing to dive in.